Cook Time: 8 Minutes
Servings: 4-5 Dozen
What Tristan was doing while I baked. He loves blueberry muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Get everything you need together.
Pre-heat your oven and flour or powder sugar your counter/work space.
Roll out your dough and cut it.
Pull away the uncut dough.
Put the cut dough on a cookie pan. I always do cookies on non stick tin foil.
Bake in the oven 6-8 minutes. Today I had to go 8. Sometimes its less.
Put on cooling racks and cool. I usually cool a few hours on the rack and then put them in a gladware container until the next day when I ice them.
I call these my 3 day sugar cookies since it takes me three days.