I bought the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook and we love it. This is the third thing I have made. I mistakenly put in 1 tsp of cayenne instead of 1/4 tsp. YEAH it was SPICY. But still so good.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground lean beef (7% fat or less)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cups hot cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons red chopped onion
- Heat oil in medium Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef adn cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring until onion is softened about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cocoa, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, and cayenne into beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours.
- Divide spaghetti evenly among 6 plates. Spoon about 2/3 cup chili over each serving of spaghetti. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon onion.
8 g Total Fat
3 g Saturated Fat
0 g Trans Fat
51 mg Cholesterol
303 mg Sodium
34 g Carbohydrates
4 g Sugar
7 g Fiber
23 g Protein
153 mg Calcium
8 Points Plus per serving
I had to add light sour cream because of the cayenne snafu. It was just so spicy!